Wikipedia

Search results

Monday 11 October 2010

One Of The Benefits Of Living In Thailand - Thailand Forum

One Of The Benefits Of Living In Thailand - Thailand Forum
Found this CNN article:

http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/eat/40-bangkok-foods-we-cant-live-without-342900?hpt=C2
40 Thai foods we can't live without

As a person who loves Thai food I certainly don't agree with all that is listed here. Lots of good food is not included e.g. lots of food from southern Thailand and common dishes like stuffed Thai omelet (khai yat say).

But here is what I do agree with:

1. Tom Yum Gung. Hard to disagree with. If done right it's delicious.
Sadly, because of tougher economic times and the high price of lime/lemon many restaurants have started using vinegar instead (that's the last they'll see of me!).
For those who have not tasted it I suggest giving Tom Yam plaa gob (dried, smoked fish) a try. Mouth watering!

4. Panaeng. Very tasty but most places use too much sugar in this dish.

19. Naam tok moo. Prefer it with duck myself – Naam tok ped. Yummy!

20. Laarb moo. Again, I prefer it with duck or chicken, but it can also be done with beef, shrimp, squid etc. Probably my favorite thai food.

21. Phad kapaow moo, khai daow. The ubiquitous phad kapaow. I eat this dish several times a week (and again, most often with chicken)as it is served everywhere, is hard to get wrong and tastes good.
If I don't know the place I will usually skip the fried egg since almost all food stalls have fried the eggs in advance and they all fry them to pieces.

27. Som tam. Delicious as an entrée, but it has to be som tam Thai, not poo-plaraa!

28. Kanom jeen. A good, home made kanom jeen (just like my brother-in-law makes it ) can be a very tasty meal.

30. Pad Pak Bung Nam Man Hoy. Great as one dish among many others on the table. It can also be ordered with minced chicken. I especially like to eat it together with salty egg salad (yam khai khem).

31. Nam Prik Kaphi. Prefer the chili paste with pla too (nam prik pla too).



Which dishes do you prefer? Which delicacies have been left out of this list?

Food lovers, please respond!

ORIGINAL POST HERE
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=3768531738877183088&postID=804084332654442934

No comments: